# YEARS FISHING WWA: 1st season was 2009
- HOW OLD WERE YOU WHEN YOU STARTED FISHING? ON WHAT LAKE DID YOU GET STARTED FISHING?
I started fishing when I was four or five, the first lake I fished was Sterling Lake in Wadsworth.
- WHO WAS YOUR FIRST HERO OR MENTOR IN THE FISHING WORLD?
- HOW DID YOU GET STARTED TOURNAMENT FISHING? AND WHAT MADE YOU JUMP IN?
I had always wanted to start tournament fishing, but had not had the right opportunity. In 2008 I fished the PWT as a co and was hooked.
- WHAT IS YOUR BREAD AND BUTTER, GO-TO TACTIC ON THE WATER?
Vertical jigging, pitching jigs and Trolling
- OUTSIDE OF COMPETITIVE FISHING, WHAT DO YOU DO FOR YOUR 9-5 JOB?
I am an estimator and purchaser for James W. Smith Printing Company in Gurnee, IL.
- WHAT ACCOMPLISHMENTS ARE YOU MOST PROUD OF IN THE TOURNAMENT WORLD?
Winning Master’s Walleye Circuit Central division team of the year in 2011.
- OTHER THAN THE FOX CHAIN, WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE BODY OF WATER TO FISH AND WHY?
Lake Winnebago because it is a walleye factory and there are so many different techniques you can use to catch walleye.
- OUTSIDE OF FISHING, WHAT ARE YOUR HOBBIES? WHAT DO YOU DO FOR FUN?
I enjoy spending time with my family, archery deer hunting and taxidermy.
- WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE TOURNAMENT MOMENT?
Pre-fishing a tournament with my daughter, then winning that tournament with my son.
- HOW BIG WAS YOUR BEST WALLEYE AND WHAT LAKE DID YOU GET IT ON?
My biggest Walleye is 31” and 13.6 lbs from Lake Erie. My Longest was 32” from the Detroit River.
- DO YOU HAVE ANY SPECIAL PEOPLE YOU WOULD LIKE TO THANK THAT SUPPORT YOUR FISHING?
I want to thank my wife, Kris and my kids. I spend a lot of time away from home and they are all very supportive and understanding.